A long and solid history of innovation and sustainability
The history of the Thermocold brand begins in 1995 from the partnership between entrepreneurs from Veneto and Bari: together they lay the foundations for a common project born with the ambitious goal of creating sustainable comfort for people in all the spaces of residential, commercial and industrial fields. Thermocold has always turned its attention in increasing technical skills and know-how due to develop innovative products designed for the customer needs and applications and strongly oriented towards energy saving and environmental protection.
Thanks to the professional background of the new team, coming from the most qualified Italian companies, strategies and huge investments are planned to equip the production structure with the most advanced production and testing systems.
The dynamic and highly competitive company is the first to offer on the European market a complete range of chillers and heat pumps with capacity range up to 100 kW equipped with scroll compressors. Thanks to continuous investment in the Research & Development department, the company obtains numerous patents since 1996 in then, expanding the product portfolio with great attention to creating value for the customer.
In 2017 Thermocold joined the Ingersoll Rand family, an American multinational group that excels in creating solutions for improving the quality and climatic comfort in residential and industrial buildings. The acquisition is based on the sharing of values, principles and strategies and aims to strengthen the product portfolio in order to exploit the big market opportunities in Europe and in other parts of the world where demand is growing rapidly.
Trane Technologies was born in 2019 from the spin-off of the Climate division of Ingersoll-Rand, to which Thermocold belongs as a portfolio brand, and establishes principles, sustainability objectives and strategies that aim to create a sustainable future for our planet.
With this important step, Thermocold welcomes the great challenges of eco-sustainable design, starting the conversion of the whole products portfolio from R4010a to R454B, the new future-proofness low GWP refrigerant, aligning itself with the sustainability standards required by the regulations in force since 2025.
Thermocold Group from the beginning.
The basis for the new Thermocold was created thanks to a meeting between some businessmen from Veneto and Thermocold Property in Bari in light of a common project with both parties having the same purpose.
The professional background of human resources under the new organization, coming from the most qualified companies in the industry, allows strategy planning and intense investments aimed at providing the production structure with the most advanced production and testing systems, which still have very few corresponding similarities in the European production scene/context.
The new management makes a strategic change, proposing a new company, dynamic, highly competitive and technical, setting a new marketing plan with strategies aimed to implement:
- the full renovation of product range, according to the specific market requests;
- human resources qualification, through dedicated training programs for each sector;
- the creation of a specialized team able to face an ambitious challenge
- the formulation of a plan for business image coordination and communication suitable for a full recovery and affirmation of the brand.
Thermocold is the first in the European market to propose a complete range of chillers and heat pumps up to 100kW with scroll compressors.
Thermocold obtains the ISO 9001 certification, later renewed according to ISO 9001:2000 requirements (Vision 2000).
Thermocold is the first to introduce a new and innovative multifunctional product range, for the simultaneous hot sanitary water production, and patented ENERGY and QUATTRO product lines.
The first MULTISCROLL "MODULO Z" product line for cooling capacity up to 200 kw is created.
Thermocold anticipates market trends and clearly focuses on new refrigerants with R134a chillers "Ewa" and with R407C "AWAE".
A chillers line with screw compressors called “MODULO V” with power up to 740kW is introduced to the market
The complete Thermocold’s product range is available with eco-friendly refrigerants, R134a and R407C, prior than most competitors.
The innovative plate heat exchangers are introduced for all cooling units up to 200 kw.
At the IKK exhibition in Hanover, a preview of the first chiller with the new R410 refrigerant was presented. The strategies focus primarily on pursuing an eco-friendly policy, with the purpose of providing products designed to minimize environmental impact, which is expressed mainly in:
- an increase and improvement of the energy performance for future product lines in order to increase the cooling efficiency and reduce energy consumption;
- research for products with alternative refrigerants, which are more reliable and have lower environmental impact, aimed at avoiding the problems concerning the greenhouse effect
- reduction of noise through the study of a wide series of low noise products, which can even be installed in highly protected zones characterized by extremely restrictive acoustic constraints
- highly innovative solutions making the activities of designers and fitters easier
- an attention and sensitivity towards all processes which bring meaningful benefits to the reduction of environmental impacts in consequence to production activities.
Thermocold is the first company in the market to launch the “MODULO P PROZONE” series, with cooling capacities from 160 to 400 kW, equipped with plate heat exchangers, which are the first ever products using the R410A refrigerant. At the same time the series of DAW pool dehumidifiers is proposed.
Some important and meaningful innovations are launched on the market:
ENERGY New Release 2002 the total recovery poly-functional cooling group, patented since 1996, available in a range of cooling capacities up to 350 kW, with significant thermodynamic and energetic innovations.
Thermocold obtains the Vision 2000 and PED certifications.
The innovation and expansion process of MULTISCROLL range of products continues, with the extension of cooling capacities range for AWA ENERSAVE onto the market, the first Italian line of water condensers and heating pumps equipped with scroll multi-compressors with very high-performance in terms of consumption and able to provide up to 820 cooling kW.
With the introduction of the “ROOF AIRE HP” new line, packaged units for outdoor installation Roof top type for very crowded rooms, Thermocold gets into the sector of direct expansion and proposes a new thermodynamic recovery system for cinemas, multiplex, shopping centers.
At the MOSTRA CONVEGNO exhibition, “ARTÈCH” is introduced, a R410A air-water chiller, with cooling capacities from 100 to 202 kW, with a revolutionary design.
ARTÈCH wins the first prize for the HVAC&R Innovation, organized by Costruire Impianti magazine, in the air-conditioning products category.
The experience in the field of multifunctional groups QUATTRO leads to patent the new concept of six tubes systems with patented line SEI, six pipes machines that can simultaneously meet 3 different uses.
At the Expocomfort Show Meeting the following are introduced:
- the AWA ENERSAVE FC new series of cooling units with incorporated indirect free-cooling
- ENERGY HOME, a small 5kW multifunction thermo-cooling group which produces hot sanitary water up to 60°C, for wall mounting for the replacement of traditional boilers
At the same time the ARTÈCH range is widened and new models with cooling capacities from 15 to 25 kW, R410A refrigerant and scroll compressor equipped with an inverter for continuous modulation of the provided cooling capacity from 100% to 30%.
The famous range of multifunctional cooling units ENERGY and SEI grows: from the beginning of the year a new patent is added to the previous two. The new high energy efficiency versions SEI and ENERGY HWT with twinned scroll compressors are able to produce hot sanitary water at 70°C for creating anti-Legionella thermal cycles, very important in residential and hotel sectors.
Because of the increasing need to use renewable energy sources, the new heat pump series for geothermal applications, EASY GHP and CWC ENERSAVE GHP, are created.
DOMINO is born, it is an original concept of packaged modular cooling units, with R410A, air cooled, for outdoor installation with axial fans and Scroll compressors in tandem. DOMINO is covered by a series of international patents, among which are:
- HSC: 40% increase in capacity and energy efficiency, thanks to hybrid cooling
- EASY CHANGE: possibility to change every basic module from one version to another one.
Thanks to relevant experience in the petrochemical, natural gas and oil and gas platforms sectors, the ATEX LINE is created, purposely for all applications in explosive atmospheres produced by these type of industrial plants where particular attention is required.
This line grows with the introduction of cooling units, condenserless units, compressor units, remote condensers and special air handling units, which fully comply with ATEX regulations. This line is purposely made for all industrial plants where anti-explosion devices are required.
The new HOMETECH line is created, representing the best Thermocold technology for cooling capacities lower than 40 kW.
It includes multifunctional heat pumps with total recovery for producing, even simultaneously, cold water, hot water for heating purposes and hot sanitary water with air to water and geothermal systems.
The Hometech line anticipates the new trends in alternative energy use and CO2 emissions reduction for residential heating with heat pump.
The experience acquired with the HOMETECH line, is an incentive to a more decisive exploration of new technological boundaries in renewable energy use, to fully meet the growing demand of comfort and wellbeing, and primarily of sustainable growth, energy saving and non-renewable energy resources conservation.
New ideas and new horizons start emerging in the use of ecological refrigerant (R744a), energy improving of thermodynamic cycles (high COP > 4), with products and systems environment friendly. Massive investments are made for researching and realizing non-polluting products, according to the dictates of VISION 2020 and the Kyoto protocol, and also through sustainable industrial policies.
Thermocold meets future market needs and the sustainable environmental policy requirements by launching HEATING SYSTEM, new systems for heating which concentrates the most modern and advanced technologies and refrigerant gas with zero environmental impact like CO2.
The flagship of the HEATING SYSTEM are the multifunctional heat pumps with 2 pipes with high COP (over 4) able to supply hot sanitary water and for uses up to 80°C suitable for cold weather up to -40°C, heat pumps with CO2 (R744) with COP 5 and hot water at 90°C, multifunctional heat pumps for residential applications that ensure regular operation even with temperatures up to -20°C.
Following the major innovations and important patents in the 4-pipes multifunctional systems field, MULTITUBE SYSTEM is conceived. This system concentrates the highest technology in the 4-pipes multifunctional units field.
Thermocold expresses its full potential with a strong segmentation of the offer to the market by introducing its new lines and systems:
- LINEA RESIDENTIAL & LIGHT COMMERCIAL
- LINEA HEAVY COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL
- LINEA ATEX ( explosion proof environment ATEX )
- LINEA MARINE ( civil and military naval applications )
Within all lines fall the following systems:
- HYDRONIC SYSTEM
- DIRECT EXPANSION SYSTEM
- HEATING SYSTEM
- MULTITUBE SYSTEM
Thermocold works with avant-garde design proposals:
- With the use of INVERTER TECNLOLOGY
- EXR - EXTENDED OPERATIVE RANGE, the use of new compression technologies and the continuous development of multifunctional technology, allow us to overcome the current limits and provide water production temperatures for space heating and hot sanitary water, even higher also at very low temperatures, up to 60°C allowing the use of radiant elements, even with winter temperatures down to -25°C;
- The air renewal in residential and commercial applications, as well as the air quality and purity, represent an established standard in the field of total comfort. The new ECOMIXER line, developed for purification and renewal systems, and thermos hygrometric air parameters control, has been designed to integrate with the hydronic air conditioning systems. And push communication and advertising activities with the launch of the E-ACADEMY, AICARR conferences and Thermocold Forum for designers and installers.
- With the aim to always reach excellent results in terms of performance, the new “Hydronic System” range is launched, even more efficient and innovative.
- Thermocold promotes, in collaboration with AICARR, technical meetings with designers in order to discuss about issues related to the new frontier of heating. The innovative multifunctional systems meet the highest standard of heating, cooling and hot sanitary water production, beyond the limits of heat pumps and are the ideal solution to replace the conventional heating systems
- With E-Academy, grow participation in training seminars and on-line sharing information and news.
- Thermocold is committed to ensure to its customers the quality standards required by the European market and participates to the Eurovent Program Certification
- DUO: the innovation at high altitude... at the Mont Blanc. The whole air conditioning system of the new complex ropeway Pontal d’Entreves, Mont Frey and Punta Helbronner, an artwork of world-class engineering, is equipped by heat pumps DUO, able to work with the most stringent temperature conditions.
- Thermocold achieves Eurovent Certification an important goal as a reliability guarantee for its customers.
- Thermocold welcomes the great challenges of sustainable design, designing high-efficiency heat pumps, with the use of the natural refrigerant R290 (Propane).
- Introduction of new ERP regulation
Thermocold updates and relaunches its image:
- developing the new website dynamic and interactive, fully customer oriented
- starting the new project “thermosel online”, the new selection software, fully online and with a new design and a user-friendly layout.
- From March 31, 2017, Thermocold becomes a member of the Ingersoll Rand brand family. Ingersoll Rand advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Trane®, Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, and Thermo King®. The American company has been working with Thermocold for several years, working to innovate new products and serve customers alongside: with the acquisition, Ingersoll Rand aims to strengthen the portfolio of products in order to exploit the vast market opportunities In Europe and expand the distribution of Thermocold technologies to other parts of the world where demand grows rapidly.
- Thermocold introduces a new range of air-water 4- and 6-pipe units equipped with Scroll compressors and available in two different efficiency levels, designed to meet fully the needs of customers.
- It expands and complete the products portfolio through the development of Full inverter chillers, heat pumps and multipipe units boasting the widest range on the market.
- It invests in the development of new control systems of units by launching proposals to improve machine performances, even in modular configuration:
- Multi-Manager, centralized system that allows to manage with a single controller, the main functions and operating modes of a group of hydronic units in modular configuration
- The e-manager+, a web interface which allows the monitoring and management of the unit remotely through a simple access to a web page
- Thermocold officially presents TEOS, the new online selection and quotation software.
- A significant extension of the product portfolio is in progress, completed by the new “XEA” proposals, units characterized by “Premium” class A efficiency and widely compliant with the Ecodesign regulations.
- Investments in control systems, e-Manager+ and Multi-Manager, continue with new configurations able to manage even the most complex 2 or 4-pipe Systems.
- In 2019, Trane Technologies is formed out from the spin-off of the Ingersoll-Rand Climate division. Together with a diversified portfolio of companies which are leaders in the HVAC fiels, Trane Technologies aims to create a sustainable future for our planet.
- Thermocold extends the range of MEX HP EA heat pumps up to 80 kW of heating capacity with 4 new exclusive models
- The CWC range is renewed: water-cooled chillers and heat pumps, available in 2 different efficiency versions and which replace the CWC PROZONE range with very high performance and the most compact design on the market
- Thermocold launches the MASTER CLASS calendar, the online webinar tool for interactive training for designers with real-time surveys
- The ticket system starts on Thermocold portal to guarantee customers the complete management and monitoring of all after-sales activities
- Thermocold redesigns the entire range of AWAs to offer customers excellent seasonal energy efficiency performance
- The green challenge starts with the launch of solutions with low GWP R454B refrigerant, aligning with the sustainability standards required by the regulations in force since 2025
- New AWA and DOMINO line with R454B refrigerant: very high efficiencies and the same compact footprint guaranteed by the models with R410a refrigerant
- Thermocold presents the CWC SHT, the new range of high temperature water cooled units for indoor installation
- TEOS, the Thermocold selection software, is officially Eurovent certified: Eurovent certification also extends to the data generated by Teos in all operating conditions of the units
- The green challenge with R454B refrigerant continues for the CWC, QUATTRO, MEX INVERTER families with the aim of converting the entire range of R410a products to the new low GWP gases
- Thermocold participates in the 42nd Mostra Convegno Expocomfort, the most prestigious showcase and the world business platform for companies in the HVAC + R, renewable energy and energy efficiency field